- Start being mindful about your meals and change old unhealthy patterns.
- Breakfast: Start your day with a protein rich meal. Montana Macro•Balance™ breakfasts like the oatmeal varieties or cereal are a sound choice.
- Lunch: Keep it lean and green, with salad, vegetables and a lean protein.
- Dinner: Stick with 8 oz. of a lean protein and two servings of vegetables.
- Never skip meals. Skipping leads to overconsumption and poor food choices the next time you do eat when hunger is overwhelming.
- Always sit down to consume your meal. Don’t be distracted by television or reading. Be mindful of the act of eating.
- Drink, at least, (8), 8 ounce, glasses (64 oz.) of water per day
- Avoid pointless fats found in sauces or butter. Learn to oven roast vegetables in small amounts (1-2 TBs) of olive oil with a little sea or Kosher salt.
- Start evaluating your favorite recipes to see if they can be “lightened” up to be a healthier meal. Some old favorites may not make the journey with you into the healthier lifestyle.
If you begin these preparations one or two weeks before you embark in earnest on a weight loss plan, your transition to your program will be easier. Actually, you will probably find that you will lose some initial weight just with these few relatively painless changes. You will also find that you will have more energy, and your sense of taste will be more acute. You will have taken some simple, yet essential, steps toward your new lifestyle